mushroom book

DPA nospam at please.com
Fri Aug 20 10:35:21 EST 1999

On 17 Aug 1999 10:53:16 -0700, Alexis Rzewski <arzewski at shiprps.com>
wrote:

>any reccomendation on one or two books?
>
>some criteria:
>I am in the central Northeast US (western Pennsylvania).
>Color photographs a must.
>Text in a page adjacent to the page with photograph.
>Photograph as large as possible to natural size of mushroom in its
>natural setting.
>Usage of scientific names instead of common (local usage) names.
>Warnings on possible look-alike other mushrooms.
>
>- alexis
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

There's a classic book, I forgot the name, which is the best but only
BW photos, and very fat, complicated and expensive for the beginner.
Your basic "Simon and Schuster's" guide to mushrooms is colorful, to
the point, and easy to use, and fulfills most of your requirements.
Although I think it is incomplete because it is biased to U.S.
mushrooms (northeast especially), but you wouldn't mind about that
:-).

David