plastic & shiitake sawdust cultivation

Alan Middlemis alanm at mb.sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 4 14:08:20 EST 1999

Greetings:

   Has anyone had experience with or know of any techniques of mushroom
artificial-log culture that doesnt require plastic? I was told by a
respected expert that plastic is the only way to go commercially. Im
interested in growing Shiitake's and Oysters here om my small organic
farm in southern Canada, but want to avoid the use of plastic for health
and environmental reasons. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks-In-Advance

Alan Middlemiss

P.S.   I have Oak  logs and Maple logs already on the grow with cultures.