Mushroom Compost in Cultivation

Sherry Granville sgranville at thezone.net
Sat Mar 13 10:19:26 EST 1999

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone knew the answers to the following:

1.  Has anyone heard of using material other than straw as the main carbon
souce for mushroom compost production (can bark be used?).

2.  Does the compost have to be hot or can a producer order in a compost and
use another heating method.

3.  Does the compost have to be at a certain stage of decomposition?

4.  Is there anyone I can contact to get answers to my questions?

Please accept my sincere thanks for any info that you may be able to supply.

Sherry