% molecular composition

martin weiss mweiss at nyhallsci.org
Tue Mar 23 11:48:32 EST 1999

--============_-1289985901==_ma============

 Does anyone know of a source of information about the % molecular
composition (proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, water, DNA and RNA) of
different organisms? For example, paramecium, Sequoia tree, mushroom,
elephant.

I wish to present this information as compared to our molecular makeup. The
point that we would like to make is that have lots and lots of molecules in
us (~10^26) and that we share the same molecules with organisms of diverse
size, shape and life style. And weight for weight we are very similar in
numbers of molecules.  Thanks.

cheers,

Martin
Martin Weiss, Ph.D.
Biology Director
New York Hall of Science
47-01 111th Street
Corona, New York 11368
weissm at rockvax.rockefeller.edu
718.699.0005 X 356, voice
718.699.1341, facsimile
http://www.nyhallsci.org

 Does anyone know of a source of information about the % molecular
composition (proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, water, DNA and RNA) of
different organisms? For example, paramecium, Sequoia tree,
<bold>mushroom,</bold> elephant.

weissm at rockvax.rockefeller.edu

718.699.0005 X 356, voice

718.699.1341, facsimile