Oregon Mycological Show 10/17/99

truffler1635 at my-deja.com truffler1635 at my-deja.com
Mon Oct 11 00:05:18 EST 1999

In talking with Conrad Thorne, past president of the Oregon Mycological
Society at Welches last weekend, we *believe* the Oregon Mycological
Society's fall mushroom show will be October 17. In past years, the show
has opened at Noon and lasted until 5 pm.

But I hope someone associated with the society will post the actual
dates and times if I'm wrong.

I plan on attending the show, which will be held at the World Forestry
Center in Portland Oregon, (located next to the Portland Zoo). I'll have
a display of truffles and truffle-like fungi, as well as a sign-up sheet
for membership in the North American Truffling Society for anyone
interested in joining. So far, it looks the truffles diplayed will
include: Elaphomyces granulatus, Scleroderma areolatum, S. laeve,
Rhizopogon vinicolor, Tuber gibbosum (very immature), dried
Truncocolumella citrina, and perhaps a few others.

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.