Ident this? Pleurotus?

Marc Palmer marc at anyware.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 11:23:04 EST 1999

Hiya,

Images of 3 mushrooms growing out of a maple in the UK (in a
predominantly Yew wood)... the mushrooms amusings growing directly above
each other in a strange step-arrangement!

Photos are at:

http://www.anyware.co.uk/marc/ident/AUT_3303.jpg
http://www.anyware.co.uk/marc/ident/AUT_3305.jpg

One with flash, one without. I believe this to be Pleurotus dryinus /
corticatus but there was a distinct yellowing to the undersides and stems
which I have not seen mentioned in my books.

The specimens were quite large - just smaller than a hand, quite spongy
and quite pitted on top of cap from slugs etc. However they did not seem
that old - the gills were in good condition.

Cheers