Need advice on a project

misterguch misterguch at chemfiesta.com
Sun Oct 24 16:51:03 EST 1999


Hi,

I'm a high school science teacher who's got a student doing a science fair
project involving mushrooms.  Basically, he's found somewhere on the
internet a protocol for raising mushrooms using a dilute hydrogen peroxide
solution to provide a sterile growing medium.  Since I don't know much about
mushrooms, here are some questions:

1)  Is it well-known that using hydrogen peroxide can allow you to forgo
some of the normal cleanroom growing methods?
2)  Is it unbelievably stupid to think something like this could work?
3)  If it's neither well-known to work nor unbelievably stupid to think it
would work, do you think it might work?

Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.






More information about the Mycology mailing list