Need ID on mold/fungus

Neil Reimer nreimer at elele.peacesat.Hawaii.Edu
Wed Sep 29 13:21:58 EST 1999

The following was posted by David Ramsey on the
rec.aquarium.freshwater.plants newsgroup.  Does anyone recognize it?
--
aloha,
Neil Reimer
nreimer at elele.peacesat.hawaii.edu

-----------------------------------
------------------------------------
Can anyone tell me what kind of algae or stuff this is? I tried scraping it
off last weekend when there was only one piece and syphoned all I could
find. Now I have half a dozen colonies of it.
http://www.mindspring.com/~djramsey/algae1.jpg
http://www.mindspring.com/~djramsey/algae2.jpg
http://www.mindspring.com/~djramsey/algae3.jpg
http://www.mindspring.com/~djramsey/algae5.jpg

(color in algae5.jpg is off - actually cream colored)

The fish and algae eaters won't get near it, neither will the snails. I
marches across the glass 2-3 inches a day.
This is a 29 gallon tank, heavily planted, been going great for almost a
year. 3 20watt bulbs, co2, occasional Seachem Flourish and additional
calcium.
David Ramsey
Lawrenceville, GA.