Mycophagy

Edwin Hutton e.hutton at ic.ac.uk
Mon Dec 4 07:58:21 EST 2000

truffler1635 at my-deja.com wrote:

> Mycophagy is the eating of fungi. I used to think that I didn't know much
> about this subject. But in adding the species I have tried over the past
> 15-25 years, I suddenly realized I've eaten quite a few species.
>
> How many and what kind have you eaten?

List of 44 snipped.

Going from memory here is my list (sout east UK)

Agaricus campestris
A. bisporus
A. arvensis
A. haemorrhoidarius
A. silvaticus
A. bitorquis
A. bernardii (only a little, rather nasty)
A. augustus
A. silvicola
Macrolepiota procera
M. rhacodes
Lepiota leucothites
Lepista nuda
Lepista saeva
Lepista inversa
Clitocybe geotropa
Clitocybe infundibuliformis = C. gibba
Laccaria amethystea
Calocybe gambosa
Sparassis crispa
Laetiporus Sulphureus
Cuphophyllus pratensis (or Camarophyllus p.)
C. niveus
Boletus edulis
B. radicans (I think)
B. erythropus
Xerocomus badius = Boletus badius
Leccinum scabrum
L. versipelli
L. aurantiacum
Morchella vulgaris
Morchalla esculenta (or something like that, not gyromitra e.)
Cantharellus cibarius
C. tubaeformis
Pluteus cervinus
Pleurotus ostreatus
Pleurotus cornucopiae
Amanita fulva
Tricholoma terreum
Beefsteak fungus (sorry I just can't recall the scientific name.)

41 in all, but I think there are a few others I have tried and
can't remember at the moment

Edwin Hutton