Darvin DeShazer muscaria at
Sat Dec 9 17:48:49 EST 2000

In article <90q1f4$toa$1 at>, truffler1635 at

>WOW! That's way beyond me, Darvin. Do you happen to live on the coast?
>And what is Boletus smithii? I admit I haven't heard of this one before.
>Where can I find more on it?
>Daniel B. Wheeler

You can find info on Boletus smithii at:
Thiers, H. D.  1975.  California Mushrooms: A Field Guide to the
Boletes.  Hafner Press, New York.  261p.  (ONLINE at

Phillips, R.  1991.  Mushrooms of North America.  Little, Browm and Co.,
Boston.  319p.

Smith, A. H.  1975.  A Field Guide to Western Mushrooms.  Univ. of
Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Michigan.  280p.

I live within 30 minutes of the coast in Sonoma County, CA.
FYI: The SOMA web site server has been down for 2 days.  We hope that
they will fix it soon.