concrete mold

TNTInSol at aol.com TNTInSol at aol.com
Wed Feb 9 03:19:01 EST 2000

I have a pool that was resurfaced two years ago.  The seems and exposed
concrete have a black growth in the deepest portions of the pore spaces of
the concrete. I believe that it may be a black mold/mildew. The grouted areas
and exposed concrete seem to be  the most affected.  Areas under the water
line the least affected.

Has anyone had any experience with this occuring? I have taken samples to try
to culture on Agar-Potato dextrose.  I have also taken samples to be
identified for mineral content. Please comment.

TIA
Tracey
---