Histological problem

Melinda mrl28 at gateway.net
Wed Feb 16 18:44:11 EST 2000

Is anyone familiar with paraffin techniques?  I am trying to show a
phytopathogenic fungus in paraffin embedded material.  However, I feel as
though I am doing something wrong.  I have embedded material that is known
to be infected.  After sectioning, no evidence of the fungus is present.  I
have tried various differential staining tecniques and have yet to be
sucessful.  I am currently testing fixes to see if that is the problem.
Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

---