Yeast genetics...

David B. Hedrick davidbhedrick at icx.net
Sun Feb 20 06:08:29 EST 2000

Blair:

	It depends upon what you want to know the genes/enzymes for and which
ones you want.  Do you want to do genetic manipulation to get different
favors or growth properties from your fermentations?  Do you want to
look at the metabolic pathways towards similar ends?
	You will probably need to go to a university library and do a
literature search.  The best advice for that is to be nice to the
librarians.  So many students treat them like dirt, they really respond
to a little consideration.
	The American Society for Microbiology lets you search their journals at
<http://jb.asm.org/searchall/>.  I got over 300 hits on "Candida
krusei", but of course most of them were about anti-microbials.  Google
at <http://www.google.com> is a good search engine for scientific data.
	You might ask your question again, giving more details here and at
<bionet.microbiology> and <sci.bio.microbiology>.
	Just what are you wanting to do?

--
		~DBH

Technical writing, literature search, and data analysis at the interface
of chemistry and biology.

	davidbhedrick at icx.net

	David B. Hedrick
	P.O. Box 16082