morel cloning

RushWayne rushwayne at
Tue Jan 18 14:21:53 EST 2000

Danny Eichelberger wrote about problems cloning morel
mycelium from the mushrooms.
Danny, I can't answer your specific question as to how
to get success with your cloning of morels, but I in this
case you may do better germinating spores, since morel
spores germinate very quickly (apparently taking less
than 24 hours).  Of course  you can't preserve the
characteristics of the parent mushroom then, but that's
the trade off.
Visit my website at
for information on growing gourmet mushrooms without
sterile facilities, using hydrogen peroxide to prevent