water agar

Trevor D'Souza dsouza at msu.edu
Tue Jun 6 16:11:37 EST 2000

Hi:

Water agar:

20 g Agar in 1 liter distilled water

Mix reagents.

For test-tubes:
Bring to a boil.
Dispense 15-ml aliquots into 25 x 125 mm test tubes.
Autoclave for 15 min at 15 psi.

For agar plates:
Autoclave for 15 min at 15 psi.
Molten agar medium cooled to 45 C and poured into sterile Petri dishes
prior to use.

Water agar plates are generally used to induce sporulation in fungi.

Trevor

Trevor M. D'Souza, Ph.D.
Research Associate
Department of Microbiology