water agar

Trevor D'Souza dsouza at msu.edu
Tue Jun 6 16:11:37 EST 2000

Water agar:

20 g Agar in 1 liter distilled water

Mix reagents.

For test-tubes:
Bring to a boil.
Dispense 15-ml aliquots into 25 x 125 mm test tubes.
Autoclave for 15 min at 15 psi.

For agar plates:
Autoclave for 15 min at 15 psi.
Molten agar medium cooled to 45 C and poured into sterile Petri dishes
prior to use.

Water agar plates are generally used to induce sporulation in fungi.

Trevor M. D'Souza, Ph.D.
Research Associate
Department of Microbiology
Michigan State University