Trametes sanguinea

Robert L. Chehey cheheyr at
Thu Jun 29 10:45:08 EST 2000

The fungus is possily Pycnoporus sanguineus.  Gilbertson and Ryvarden do not
mention T. sanguinea as a synonym, but Breitenbach and Kraentzlin, vol. 2,
indicate that Pycnoporus cinnabarinus was once in Trametes.  If this is
right, they are very different, P. sanguinea is azonate and almost
blood-red, fading to pinkish-buff, if my memory serves.  It fruits on dead

Robert L. Chehey
MAILTO:cheheyr at
Boise, ID, USA, USDA Zones 6a, 6b. Heat zone 7
Cold, Mediterranean Shrub-steppe
and frondose riparian forest
N43º38.67'  W116º13.68' Altitude: 816M

news:8jchn7$s92$1 at