Mycorrhizal fungi and N-Fixation

Permacltur permacltur at aol.com
Tue May 23 11:42:08 EST 2000

I gather that the nodules were cut open because I inquired about the interior
color and got an answer -- yellow.  We have  had a response from a worker in
India who is going to try to replicate the results.   I have also received a
suggestion that some tomatoes form tubers, which is interesting all by itself.
The person who reported the results said that each of her tomato plants was of
a different variety, reducing in my view the significance that those more
distant from the beans did not have root swellings.  I think we are going to
have to let this one ride unless we get some results from the folks in India.
The more information I have, the less likely it seems that we can conclude
anything from this report.

Dan Hemenway
Barking Frogs Permaculture Center
Sparr FL USA