Fugal flotation

David B. Hedrick davidbhedrick at icx.net
Wed May 24 17:16:47 EST 2000

Russell:

	The fungi sensu stricto are not usually aquatic, but there are the
oomycetes, AKA "water mold" which like organic-rich freshwater
habitats.  In beer production, the wart is produced, which is a floating
yeast colony.  Mangrove and coconut seeds sail the seven seas looking
for places to sprout.  Duckweed floats.  It appears to be an alga, but
is actually a diminutive flowering plant.  Many alga have air bladders
for flotation.
	That's a start.

--
		~DBH

Technical writing, literature search, and data analysis at the interface
of chemistry and biology.

	davidbhedrick at icx.net

	David B. Hedrick
	P.O. Box 16082