Pithomyces chartarum

truffler1635 at my-deja.com truffler1635 at my-deja.com
Thu Nov 30 14:08:01 EST 2000

In article <3A2643EB.2FA17371 at free.fr>,
  Bernard AVRIL <bernard.avril at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello, I'm a french vet searching for information about Pithomyces
> chartarum, and it's eventual implication dog's skin pathology.

I'm not a vet. But I know something of fungi.

Most fungi can be controlled by a 1part bleach in 9 parts water solution,
applied topically to the affected skin area. You may wish to apply
hydrogen peroxide to the affected area before and afterwards as well.
Hydrogen peroxide is also used to control fungal contamination in
commercial mushroom farms, but may not kill the fungus.

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.