Black Panther : info required

Jamie jayd at altavista.net
Thu Oct 5 17:27:13 EST 2000

A friend of mine picked a selection of mushrooms to bring to me to identify,
among the edibles there was a black panther (sorry don't know actual name)
which was listed in my books as just poisonous, another friend stated that
they  are deadly poisonous.

The collector who had been carrying them around in their hands, woke up that
night and felt flushed and ill.

I know that some substances can be absorbed directly through the skin, but
don't really have enough information available to make a call on this.

Can anyone tell me the exact effects of the black panther are and the level
of toxicity one can expect from this mushroom.