Aborted entoloma

wally5234 at my-deja.com wally5234 at my-deja.com
Sat Oct 7 09:59:07 EST 2000

In article <200009291310.IAA32152 at smtp-out.netins.net>,
  "Sibylla Brown" <timbrhll at netins.net> wrote:

> The aborted form of Entoloma arbotivum is currently fruiting in my
area.
> I've heard it's a good edible, but have never prepared it.  If anyone
out
> there has experience cooking this mushroom I would really appreciate
advice
> on how to prepare it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sibylla Brown

My experience was that it was not a great tasting mushroom, so I used
it in casseroles, etc. It was for me a button mushroom replacement.
Having moved about 400 miles north of where I used to pick them, I was
pleasantly  surprised to find a crop this year in NE Minnesota.
Wally

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.