Fungi fd. 10/7/2000

truffler1635 at my-deja.com truffler1635 at my-deja.com
Sun Oct 8 04:25:29 EST 2000

Fd. the following fungi at Clackamas County, 3600' elevation, old growth
forest (but many actually associated with seedling trees).

Echinodontium tinctorium
Dentinum repandum (Hedgehog) YUM!
Cantharellus formosus (Western chanterelle) YUM!
Cantharellus subalbidus (White chanterelle) YUM!
Rhizopogon vinicolor
Truncocolumella citrina (Licorice truffle) YUM!
Gautieria sps., aroma of coconut and paint thinner, but smells really
good to me.
Rhizopogon sps. (near R. parksii)
R. sp. (unknown to me: black rhizomorphs, fairly good size, rather nice
aroma)
Zelleromyces sps (I presume, latex present)
Martellia brunnescens (Browning Martellia) YUM!
Cortinarius sps, too immature to key out
? (Tricholoma terreum, maybe?)
Suillus brevipes
Suillus sps.
Sarcodon imbricatum
Sarcodon (or Hydnum) sps, not imbricatum: very light buff color, possible
albino form?
Laetiporus sulphureus (Chicken of the Woods) YUM!

It looks like a very diverse fruiting, and with more rainfall on the way,
bodes well for collecting later this month for both the Oregon
Mycological Society show and the Mt. Pisquah show.

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.