Oyster Mushroom

RushWayne rushwayne at aol.com
Mon Oct 16 12:20:25 EST 2000

Colin Davidson (c.davidson at biotech.cam.ac.uk)
wrote:

<<I've just been going through some old Petri dishes in the lab, and I've just
come across some plates of an oyster mushroom that, on a whim, I cultured
from a tree in the middle of Cambridge.

To my surprise, it's produced very, very small mushrooms on the agar! I've
never seen this happen before, anyone come across this? >>

Yes, this happens all the time if you let the
plates go too long, especially with oyster
mushrooms, but also with Hericium, and I've
heard of it with shiitake too.  Once I had what
looked like small primordia buttons on a plate
of Agaricus subrufescens also.
--Rush
http://www.mycomasters.com/
"Growing Mushrooms with Hydrogen Peroxide"