Some beginner's questions...

Dennis Gaunt dgaunt at uhl.uiowa.edu
Fri Oct 20 08:27:33 EST 2000

I'd recommend staying away from common names and stick with the
Latin designation for mushrooms.  Too many common names are highly
regional.  As for the terms used to describe parts of mushrooms,
any good field guide should have a glossary of terms and, usually,
an illustration of what is meant by "adnate" or "free" gills as well
as other structures.
| Dennis D. Gaunt                   | Internet: dgaunt at uhl.uiowa.edu |
| The University of Iowa            |    Voice: (319) 335-4500       |
| Oakdale Research Campus           |      FAX: (319) 335-4555       |
| Iowa City, Iowa  52242            |                                |