Characteristic soil smell?

Russ Bulluck lrbulluck at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 27 14:58:49 EST 2000

That would be Streptomyces and other actinomycetes. . .Russ

--
Russ Bulluck
lrbulluck at ucdavis.edu
The soil population is so complex that it manifestly cannot
be dealt with as a whole with any detail by any one person,
and at the same time it plays so important a part in the soil
economy that it must be studied.
--Sir E. John Russell
The Micro-organisms of the Soil, 1923