Lepista ID

Colin Davidson c.davidson at biotech.cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 30 05:12:48 EST 2000

Dear All,

Hoping you can help me ID a lepiota (I think) I've found.

It's growing on grass next to a car park. White cap, tanned slightly in the
centre, smooth, not scaly (unlike the other lepiota I've found). Peels.
Spore print white. Somewhat bulbous at base. Smells pleasantly mushroomy,
slightly remeniscent of Calocybe gambosum. The flesh is white, and doesn't
change colour. The stem is also white, although its a little tanned at the
base. The stem is slightly hollow, with a tube running through the middle.
Gills white (slightly cream) and free of the stem. The ring is attached and
pointing slightly upwards. Cap about 5 and a half to six centimetres across,
stem up to about 8 cm.

This one has me stumped, but then I', not good at lepiota,

Thanks,

Colin.