identify a fuel-loving fungus? Jerry at
Mon Apr 2 03:29:28 EST 2001

In all probability the fungus was Hormoconis resinae (=Cladosporium
resinae), the anamorph of Amorphotheca resinae, frequently isolated form
creosoted wood and a well known contaminant of aviation fuel, occasionally
blocking fuel lines.

See (the old International
Mycological Institute) bottom of page for a picture.

See Dictionary of the Fungi 8th edition under Kerosene Fungus for more info.

Jerry Cooper (ex IMI).

news:99u5re$lfk$1 at