Are any mushrooms known to contain hydroxylamines?

Bruce A. Caldwell caldwelb at fsl.orst.edu
Mon Aug 13 03:57:20 EST 2001

Hydroxamate-based siderophores (specific iron chelators) are widely produced
by fungi, including mycorrhiza-formers and wood-rotters.  Bacteria generally
produce catechol-based siderophores, although there are a few exceptions.

Bruce Caldwell
Forest Science
Oregon State University
Corvalls OR  97331-5752