Hericium freeze tolerance

dwheeler at my-deja.com dwheeler at my-deja.com
Fri Jan 12 02:35:11 EST 2001

In article <3A5E1832.E6FD724A at biopilze.de>,
  Thomas Ziegler <thomas at biopilze.de> wrote:
> >>...how about productivity later on?...
> >...freeze the spawn...freeze the fruiting culture...?
> both, but much! more costy are the (possible) negative effects of the
> first... so any real life experiences anyone? any genus??
> thomas
My experience with Hericium producers is limited. The mycelium grows so
rapidly that usually only one or two flushes are produced before
discarding the colonized blocks. Since Hericium erinaceous can produce
fruiting bodies within 30-35 days (I have seen production within 28 days
from inoculation!), and a second flush within 45 days, this is not
necesarry much of a total loss in overall production.

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/