Anyone know a rust (fungi) on Hydrophylla?

Russ Bulluck lrbulluck at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 4 02:39:28 EST 2001

The soil is a wonderful medium for organisms to live in and ecology of
the soil is one of my favorite subjects.  There are a huge number of
websites depending on what you are looking for (bacteria, fungi,
protozoa, nematodes, mites, earthworms).  A good place to start is:

http://www.soilfoodweb.com/

Elaine Ingham's group (she's at OSU, too, I believe). . .

Or just type in soil and your favorite microorganism into your favorite
search engine.

--------------------
Russ Bulluck
Visiting Post-Doctoral Scholar
Department of Plant Pathology
1 Shields Ave
UC-Davis
Davis, CA  95616
lrbulluck at ucdavis.edu
The soil population is so complex that it manifestly cannot
be dealt with as a whole with any detail by any one person,
and at the same time it plays so important a part in the soil
economy that it must be studied.
--Sir E. John Russell
The Micro-organisms of the Soil, 1923