Posting jpeg photos

James Taylor SEE_MY_SIG at nospam.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 02:48:34 EST 2001

On 19th July Daniel B. Wheeler wrote:

> <G> Soon.

Wow, from the 4th to the 19th July - that's some serious netlag!
I'm suspicious that my post took two weeks to make it over the pond.
Could it really have taken that long, or did you just decide to
respond to an old article?

> I hope my webmaster will have posted my new webpage with
> some of these new pics by the end of the week.

Why wait for a webmaster to do it? Can't you just FTP them yourself?
After all, you don't really need to go to all the trouble of designing
a fancy web page, it's enough just to dump the JPEGs in a directory.

> I won't be able to afford putting as many as I wanted up,
> but there should still be a fairly good selection.

By "afford" do you men that you are limited by the cost of your
webmaster's time, or by the available storage space on the web server?
If it's your webmaster's time then, again, I would ask why not do it
yourself? All you need is some free web space and a correctly
configured FTP client. Cost shouldn't be an issue.

> You almost have to be present when the mushroom is cut to appreciate
> how rapidly this fungus goes from bright-yellow fleshed to dark blue
> to nearly purple-black. One oddity though: the base of the stem as
> just sliced, turned bright red in one specimen.

Fascinating, I can't wait...

--
James Taylor <james (at) oakseed demon co uk>
Based in Southam, Cheltenham, UK.