Posting jpeg photos

R.G.Woodside richwood at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 11 01:40:07 EST 2001

A recent search using <http://alltheweb.com/> for the phrase "photo
sharing" yielded a large number of sites which offer the display of jpgs
to the world.
Among them:
<http://www.zing.com/><http://www.clubphoto.com/><http://www.photopoint.com/><http://www.webphotos.com/>.
These sites differ widely in the services provided, but most of them
offer some free services.
My preference is photopoint.com, since I work at Pantellic Software, the
producers of this site. (<-- Note the blatant self-interest!)
If anyone on this newsgroup does not want to go through the bother -
what bother? - of setting up their own account on any of these sites,
but wish to share their photos of fungus with the group nonetheless, I
offer my account at photopoint.com for this use.
Just send me (richardw at photopoint.com) the jpg(s) as an attachment to an
email clearly describing the fungus (and the conditions of the
photo/mushroom hunt?) and the photo can be displayed for all to see.
With regard to copyright, I believe that your declaration that the photo
is yours is enough for copyright to apply. Getting satisfaction from
someone abusing your copyrights, however, is a legal matter best
answered in another place.

Sincerely,
R.G.Woodside,
richardw at photopoint.com