Please help, eliminating spores from houseplants/home....

jr jrafferty at uswest.net
Mon Jun 25 02:18:40 EST 2001

I recently had many plants infected with a systemic wilting type fungus.
(Fusarium/verticulum)
After thrwoing away all my house plants, I am wondering if the couch, rug,
drapes etc can still contain spores that will infect new plants.

I know that these types of fungi are soil borne but the confusing thing is
that I have seen them produce growth and spore clusters from the leaves so
can these types of fungi also infect through the foliage? How long will
the foliar type spores be viable? And is there some kind of fogger, etc,
that I can set of in my home that will kill them all?

Thanks,
-Josh.