Looking for help

Marisa Rodriguez-Buey marisa.rodriguez-buey at plantphys.umu.se
Sat Mar 3 06:45:06 EST 2001

  I'm starting with a new proyect about poplar (Populus tremula) infection
by fungi. We have specific pathogens: Venturia macularis and Venturia
tremulae and we want to use the conidia for infection. I looked for
information and I found that they need light for making conidia. Now they
are growing in a chamber with photoperiod (17/7 h) and 80% relativy
humidity and the temperature is 23/18 degrees C, and the medium is malt
extract agar. It is suppose these conditions are fine and the fungi are
growing very well, but they don't have conidia.
         Do you now where the mistake is????
Thank you

Dr. Marisa Rodriguez-Buey
Department of Plant Physiology  Fax: +46 90 7866676
Umeå University
S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
E-mail: marisa.rodriguez-buey at plantphys.umu.se