Source of Scopulariopsis brevicaulis

news at mtcnet.net news at mtcnet.net
Sat Mar 3 06:45:17 EST 2001

Folks,

I am preparing for a senior undergraduate directed research project.  I
got exited about possibilities of following metal methylation in S.
brevicaulis and am exploring the feasibility of using this organism as
part of my study.

I have found a lot of the primary literature, but am not sure were we
can obtain a culture.  The professor (James Mahaffy -
mahaffy at dordt.edu), who is directing the introduction to research class,
suggested a post here and see if anyone can tell me a place or person we
can contact to possibly obtain (buy) a culture.

His research interests are not in mycology (although he teaches plant
morphology), so he does not know the contacts.

Thanks for your help.
--
Cheryl Vos (chrylvs at dordt.edu)