Stropharia rugosa cultivation

Thom O'Dell odellt at fsl.orst.edu
Tue Mar 13 03:19:16 EST 2001

I have some experience with this species:
We grew sterile sawdust spawn, bulked that up on pasteurized sawdust and
inoculated alder chips. It is an erratic fruiter, but can be prolific...
I harvested one unexpanded button that weighed over 7 lbs!
I have not seen it fruit on pure straw, but have never tried.
good luck
--
Thom O'Dell

odellt at fsl.orst.edu