Stropharia rugosa cultivation

Lee Murray bh295 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Mar 15 07:07:30 EST 2001

Hi, I'm a novice.  I read some while back about
using stropharia rugosa to help remove e.coli bacteria
from water. Apparently it was grown on wood chips in the
stream bed. Maybe it was that Stamets fellow, I think it was.
I tried the email but no reply. I notice web links to this
info from yahoo search, 2 sites, don't work as of yesterday.

Does this work? And where can I get the spore or mycelium starter?
For use in Kentucky.

Thank you,
Lee   bh295 at ncf.ca

--