Fungi fd. 11/25/2001 at Tillamook Co, OR

Daniel B. Wheeler dwheeler at ipns.com
Mon Nov 26 04:56:46 EST 2001

Fungi found 11/25/01 in Tillamook County, OR

Amanita muscaria
Amanita pantherina
Armillaria mellea
Boletopsis leucomelas
Boletus edulis
Clavaria purpurea
Climacodendron(?) sps. (on  Red alder or California wax myrtle, not as
tight as in Aurora, but up and down a 10 foot x 6" diameter stem)
Clitocybe maxima
Gomphidius subroseus
Hydnum fuscoindicum
Lacterius deliciosa
Lacterius rufus
Leccinum sps. (with Lodgepole pine and bearberry)
Leucopaxillus giganteus
Lycoperdon perlatum
Mycena sps. (unknown to me)
Phaeocollybia californica
Phaeocollybia dissiliens
Polypore (unknown to me)
Rhizopogon occidentalis (under Lodgepole pine)
Rhizopogon sps. (under Lodgepole pine, but with Douglas fir, Sitka
spruce, Red alder, and Western Red cedar nearby as well)
Russula subfoetens
Suillus albivelatus
Suillus brevipes
Suillus granulatus
Thelophora sps.
Tricholoma equestre (extremely abundant, and nearly everywhere I
looked, associated with Lodgepole pine and Douglas fir)
Tricholoma magnilevare
Tricholoma pessendatum group
Tricholoma saponaceum
Tricholoma terreum
Tuber sps. (under Lodgepole pine, but near Western hemlock, Red alder,
Douglas fir, Western red cedar, and Sitka spruce)
Vascellum pratense

This is perhaps the first time I have seen and recognized a
Phaeocollybia, although I may or may not have the correct species. No
voucher collections were taken, and I didn't recognize the species
until after I consulted Handbook to Stragegy 1 Fungal Species in the
Northwest Forest Plan when I returned home.

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com