<no subject>

Moselio Schaechter mschaech at sunstroke.sdsu.edu
Fri Oct 12 03:47:27 EST 2001

For the purpose of pursuing historical mycological interests, I would be
very grateful if someone could tell me if they know where to find the French
translation of  Ciccarelli A. "Opusculum de tuberibus, cum opusculo de
Clitumno flumine."  Pavia, 1564

The French translation, according to Ainsworth, is:

Amoureux, PJ, Opuscule sur les truffes, traduction libre du latin de
Alphonse Ciccarellus, auteur du XVe siecle; avec des annotations sur le
texte et un preamble historique. Montpellier, 1813.

Of course, I would most like to get a Xerox copy or a scan of the
translation.  I already have a Xerox of the Latin original.

As an aside, 1564 was a very good year for mycology.  That was the year
Hadrianus published his important work, "Phalli."
See: http://collectivesource.com/hadrianus/index.shtml

With thanks,

Elio Schaechter
Author, "In the Company of Mushrooms"