how to grow fungus on a piece of glass

Rouke Bakker rouke.removespam.bakker at paradise.net.nz
Mon Apr 29 04:30:59 EST 2002

Prepare an amount of any growth medium that supports fungal growth, eg. potato
dextrose agar, malt extract agar etc, and dip a sterile (pressure cooker) piece
of glass in it and inoculate with the fungus of your choice. We do this often in
the lab. You just need to be aware that the coating may be very thin and
therfore dries out in minutes, hence the moist chamber (petri dish, or fridge
container etc, with moist tissue on bottom and lid on top). If you would like
more advice, let me now.

--
Rouke Bakker

Research Officer