Good Ascomycete book?

Daniel B. Wheeler dwheeler at ipns.com
Wed Feb 13 09:06:08 EST 2002

I'm been finding several new (to me) cup fungi, and was wondering if
anyone had a recommendation for a book covering cup fungi and
ascomycetes in the Pacific Northwest.

Last weekend, for example, found a red cup fungus about 1.5 inches
diameter, a  black or dark chocolate brown cup fungus with a stem, a
small pinched cup fungus still mostly in-rolled, and finally a black
cup fungus (maybe?) with an off-center stem and a shape that resembled
Otidea.

Anyone want to take a guess what kind of cup fungi would be fruiting,
apparently just after snowfalls, in this area?

Daniel B.Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetrufles.com