Postdoc

Youssuf gherbawy youssufgherbawy at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 09:07:27 EST 2002

Dears
    I am very pleased to send you this message from
Egypt. I am working in the field of Mycolgy. I will be
very grateful if I can find any chance to get Post doc
fellowship or Sabatical year abroad.
     Our university would give me a leave with
payment, but as you might know that my salary would
not be enough to cover my living expences in your
country, due to the low value of our currency (200 US
$ a month). So, I would be very grateful to you if you
could kindly help me in seeking any additional
financial support.
      Your very kind help and conceren in that matter
are very much apperciated. I look forwared to hearing
from you.
Sincerely Yours
Youssuf Gherbawy

                 C.V
Name:
      Youssuf A.M.H.Gherbawy

Date and place of Birth:
       28 - 9 - 1963, El - Rozykat, Armant,Qena

Country of citizenship:
         Egypt

Marital status:
           Married, the date of marriage is August 8,
          1995. I have three childrens.

Present position:
          Assistant Prof. of  Mycology , Botany Dept.,
          Faculty of Science, South Valley University,
          Qena, Egypt

E mail  Youssufgherbawy at yahoo.com
Tel.    002096335352
Fax     002096211279

Academic Experience and Background:
         Lecturer of Mycology in Botany Dept. Faculty
        of Science, South Valley University, Qena,
         Egypt from 1994. Then Assistant Prof.
Mycology from March 2000

University Education:
       (1) B.Sc. (Botany) 1985 from Botany Dept.,
      Faculty of Science at Qena, Assiut
University.
       (2)M.Sc. (Mycology) 1990 from Botany Dept.,
          Faculty of Science at Qena, Assiut
 University. The title was (Studies on the
mycoflora of foodstuffs and pens of cattle
and chicken in Upper Egypt.).
       (3) Ph. D. (Mycology) 1994 from Botany Dept.,
         Faculty of Science at Qena, Assiut
University. The title was (Studies on the
mycoflora of sugarcane fields in Upper
Egypt.)
       (4) Assistant Prof. (Mycology) March 2000

Scholarships and fellowships:
        1- Postdoctoral fellowship From Austrian
          Government (OAED) from October 1997 till
       June 1998.
       2- Postdoctoral fellowship from Austrian
          Ministry of Agriculture and forestry From
         Feb 1999 till October 1999.
       3- Postdoctoral fellowship from Insitute of
      Applied Microbiology (Agricultural Sciences
     University, Vienna, Austria) from November
   1999 till Sept. 2000.

Conferences and meetings:
        1- The German Society for Phytomedicine of
       Plant Pathologens (Berlin), March 3, 1998 .
        2- Sixth Egyptian Botanical Society
conference, Cairo University, 24-26
November, 1998
        3- The German Society for Mycology (Tübingen),
           June 3-6, 1999.
        4- The Austrian Society for Mycology (Vienna),
           November 11,12 (1999).
        5-The second international conference on date
         palms held at Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates,
        March 25-27,2001
        6-The first international conference for the
        Egyptian British biological society held at
       Ismailia July 29-30,2001.

Major Research Interests:
        1 -Identification of fungi according to their
          morphological features.
        2 - Using PCR technique for identification of
           some pathogenic fungi (Fusarium).
        3 - Using different species of fungi as
      biological controller agents for other
   pathogenic fungi.
         4 - Study the effect of some biological agent
             on the production of some enzymes by
        different pathogenic fungi.
         5-  Modification of new methods for detection
             of black yeast.

References
        1- Prof. Dr.H. Prillinger University of
      Agricultural Sciences, Institute of
Applied Microbiology, Nussdorfer l?nde
11, A-1190, Wien,Austria
             Fax: 004313697615
             E mail H. Prillinger at iam.boku.ac.at
        2- Prof. K. Lopandic University of
               E mail  K.lopandic at iam.boku.ac.at
        3- Prof. Dr. A.H. Moubasher, Botany Dept.,
             Faculty of Sceince, Assiut University,
            Assiut, Egypt.        Fax : 002088342708
        4- Prof. Dr. M.A.El-Naghy, Vise presedent of
             El Mina University, El Minia City,
        Egypt .
               Fax : 002086342601

LIST OF PUBLICATIONS

A) Articles in  journals

1. Abdel-Hafez, S.I.I., El-Said, A,H.M. and Gherbawy,
Y.A.M.H. (1995): Mycoflora of leaf surface, stem,
bagasse and juice of adult sugarcane plant and
cellulolytic ability in Egypt. Bull. Fac. Sci., Assiut
Univ.24 (2 - D) :153 - 179.

2. Abdel-Hafez, S.I.I., El-Said, A,H.M. and Gherbawy,
Y.A.M.H. (1995): Seasonal fluctuations of soil and
root surface fungi of sugarcane in Egypt. Bull. Fac.
Sci., Assiut Univ.24(2 - D): 131 - 151.

3. Abdel-Hafez, S.I.I., El-Said, A,H.M. and Gherbawy,
Y.A.M.H. (1995):  Seasonal variations of air, leaf and
stem surface of sugarcane and amylolytic ability in
Egypt. Bull. Fac. Sci., Assiut Univ.24(2 - D): 113 -
130.

4.Mohawed, S.M., Abdel-.Hafez, S.I.I., Moharram, A.M.
and Gherbawy, Y.A.M. (1995): Mycoflora of hair ,
feather and flooring materials under cows and chicken
at Qena, Egypt. Cryptogamie, Mycol. 16 (3) :223-236 .