Fungi found 1/19/2002 at Paul Bishop's Tree Farm

Daniel B. Wheeler dwheeler at ipns.com
Mon Jan 21 05:59:54 EST 2002

dwheeler at ipns.com (Daniel B. Wheeler) wrote in message news:<pgpmoose.200201192306.8656 at net.bio.net>...
> The joint North American Truffling Society (NATS)/Oregon Mycological
> Society (OMS) forage at Paul Bishop's Tree Farm had the following
> fungi either found or displayed today:
>
> Tuber gibbosum var. gibbosum
> Tuber gibbosum var. autumnale
> Leucangium carthusiana
> Picoa sp. nov. (Found by Arley Smith about 1/12/02 near Alsea)
> Rhizopogon sps (vinicolor?)
> Rhizopogon sps.
> Martellia brunnescens
> Martellia sp. (not brunnescens)
> Hymenogaster parksii
> Hymenogaster sp. (not parksii)
> Tricholomataceae sps. (yellowish gills, yellow scales on stem;
> reddish-brown fibrils on cap; fairly large, about 6 inches tall and
> perhaps 4 inches diameter cap.
> Barssia oregonensis

Additional fungi found:

Inocybe sororia
Amanita (identified as muscaria, but perhaps A. rubescens)
Tricholomataceae sps. identified above may be Armillaria straminea.
Aurora says cap has yellow fibrils, but this specimen had
reddish-brown fibrils and rather large yellow scales on the stipe.
Clavulina cristata
Unknown hypogeous, resembling a Gautieria, but I don't think that is
possible in January in Oregon

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com