Quick growing Shiitake ?

Daniel B. Wheeler dwheeler at ipns.com
Thu Mar 14 06:31:29 EST 2002

Bertil Lindstrom <berralindstrom at NOJUNKMAIL_hotmail.com>(Bertil Lindstrom) wrote in message news:<3c83c402.4675920 at news1.telia.com>...
> Hi there!
>
> Is someone growing FASTGROWING Shiitake ?
>
> In that case where can I get the culture/spawn from?

I guess it depends on what your definition of "fast" is (or is that
"is"?)<G>

I'm not growing shiitake commercially at this time. But when I was
cultivating it, I liked Amycel's rapid-colonizing strain. They are
probably on-line, and are located at San Juan Baptista, CA.

For most rapid colonization you need somehow to maintain temperatures
of 77 degrees during the spawn run. Given those temperatures, the
fungus should colonize a space bag (2 liters) within about 30-35 days.

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com