Paleolithic Mushroom Use

Mycos amanita at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 23 03:51:46 EST 2003

I'm trying to find info for an article I need to write on the use of
magic mushrooms historically.
There is a particular example of neolithic cave art  done in the
Sudan, Tassili in particular, that I need info on.
 I know it is very old, done when the Sudan was still moist.  As far
as I know, this is the first definitive example of the use of magic
mushrooms.
If there is anything that anyone knows about regarding the culture or
any other archaeological evidence for this cave, (or perhaps anything
even older that anyone knows of), I would be very happy if someone can
point me towards some URL's.

TIA

G.D.Williams