Fungi fd. 1/25/03

e.hutton caterpillar at
Mon Feb 3 08:01:21 EST 2003

Alter S. Reiss wrote:

> "Daniel B. Wheeler" <dwheeler at> wrote in message
> news:pgpmoose.200301271056.7007 at
>> Fungi found Jan. 25, 2003 at Paul Bishop's (a week before the annual
>> FREE truffle hunt):
> (. . .)
>> Witch's Butter (sorry, forgot the scientific name)
> Tremella Mesenterica, IIRC.  I rather like it in those "cup o' noodles"
> type ramen soups.
Sorry you recall incorrectly. Tremella Mesenterica is Yellow Brain Fungus.
Witches' Butter is Exidia glandulosa = E. plana = E.truncata, and is black.
Edwin Hutton
...Grant we beseech Thee that, ... during our journeys through the
Internet we will ... treat with charity and patience all those souls
whom we encounter. Amen.From <>