Has anyone grown these? (Trade cultures?)

Sam Jackson sam_shrooms at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 04:45:57 EST 2003

Hey, have you grown these or tried to:

1. Giant Puffball (Calvatia gigantea)
Wylie Mycologicals sells an outdoors kits for
this species, but emailed me that they have had
no feedback as to whether it works or not.

2. Cauliflower Mushroom (Sparassis crispa)
Stamets shows it in G.G.M.M. but Fungi Perf.
does not sell kits and wants about $100 for
a special-order grain spawn order.

3. Lentinus squarrosulus
A tropical cousin of Shiitake that Stamets shows
in G.G.M.M. fruiting just 14 days after inoculatoin
at 77-90 degrees F. Wow!

4. Pear-shaped puffball (Lycoperdon pyriforme)
Has anyone grown these? Found these? Eaten these?
MUSHROOM KINGDOM is reported to sell cultures of this.

Thanks!

Sam
sam_shrooms at yahoo.com

PS Does anyone have a new email address for
MUSHROOM KINGDOM in Elkin, NC?  The website I found
no longer allows emails.

PPSS If you have fruitable cultures of the above, perhaps
we can make a trade...?