Orange fungus in window frame?

Malinda malinda at
Thu Jun 5 03:33:53 EST 2003

Greetings!  I hope someone here can help; I've scoured the web and can't
find any answers.

This morning I discovered a small, bright orange, wavy looking fungus in
the bottom of a wooden window frame (between the screen and the glass).
Judging by pictures I've found on the web, it seems like it *might* be
orange peel fungus, but I can't find any reference to orange peel fungus
growing on wood -- only soil.  Might it be something else?  Do we need to
be concerned with doing anything other than replacing the wood?

My SO also found more of it behind a rotting fascia board above our
garage door (same side of house -- east -- if that matters).  We live in
Indiana and the weather here has been cool and damp lately.

Thanks for any suggestions!

It is now pitch dark.  If you proceed you will likely fall into a pit.