Orange fungus in window frame?

Malinda malinda at alumni.indiana.edu
Thu Jun 5 03:33:53 EST 2003

Greetings!  I hope someone here can help; I've scoured the web and can't
find any answers.

This morning I discovered a small, bright orange, wavy looking fungus in
the bottom of a wooden window frame (between the screen and the glass).
Judging by pictures I've found on the web, it seems like it *might* be
orange peel fungus, but I can't find any reference to orange peel fungus
growing on wood -- only soil.  Might it be something else?  Do we need to
be concerned with doing anything other than replacing the wood?

My SO also found more of it behind a rotting fascia board above our
garage door (same side of house -- east -- if that matters).  We live in
Indiana and the weather here has been cool and damp lately.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Malinda

--
It is now pitch dark.  If you proceed you will likely fall into a pit.