Breakout on my hand....

Sam A. Ainsworth109 at att.net
Tue Jun 10 03:45:53 EST 2003

Eric.Wilk at tufts.edu (Eric Wilk) wrote in message news:<1a6b82a4.0306061204.6584ad13 at posting.google.com>...
> Sam A. wrote:
>
> =>Thanks, Eric, but no, it's not that...otherwise I'd have athletes
> foot, which I don't.  Or maybe just one time in the last 2 or 3 years
> it might afflict some other body part, but it doesn't.  There is a
> name for it...it specifically attacks only one foot or hand and
> remains there until treated, usually dormant, but breaks out
> occasionally.  The article said only oral antibiotic would cure it.
> thanks again for your reply....
> Sam<=
>
> Well, what do you think was between your toes?  Athlete's foot is
> actually most common between the 3rd and 4th toes because of the humid
> microclimate brought forth by the shape of your foot which is great
> for fungal growth.  Fungi won't just grow off your hand in any normal
> condition unless you are immunocomprimised or for some reason have
> something very wrong with your hand.

OK, let me start again....I do not have athlete's foot.  I have
toenail fungus or Onychomytosis.....I have had this hand condition
longer than the toe thing. (about 4 or 5 years maybe)  If it were a
contact thing, I would have it on other body parts, but I do not.  I
get it maybe once a month, on my right hand only, and it's gone in a
week.  I'll have to write the paper where I saw the article last fall.
 The doctor in that article described it to a tee.  It affects only
one hand or foot (ONLY one) and is recurring until it's treated with
oral antibiotics. Don't know what else I can tell ya.  Thanks again.
Sam