Orange fungus in window frame?

Malinda malinda at alumni.indiana.edu
Wed Jun 11 03:44:40 EST 2003

Once upon a midnight dreary, Irene Andersson pondered:

> Do they look something like this?
> http://www.stud.uni-hamburg.de/users/Serpula/dacrymyces3.htm

Yes, that might be it.  It does look closer than the pictures of orange
peel fungus.  Interestingly (to me, anyway), I looked in the window the
other day to find ants snipping off and carrying away pieces of the
fungus.  (Nature at work!  If only it weren't working in my window. :)

Thanks to all who responded.  I know we have to replace the wood (and
protect the new) no matter what, but I was curious about what type of
fungus it might be.  I'd never seen anything like it before.

Malinda

--
It is now pitch dark.  If you proceed you will likely fall into a pit.